This error is rare but could happen if you have previously activated a free trial but are now trying to activate a purchased license.
- Make sure you have the latest version of your plugin installed. Then, try activating your license again. We have updated our plugins to reduce the chances of this error occurring. If this doesn't work, go to step 2.
- Manually delete your old license file using the steps below. Then try activating your license again.
How to Delete your Local License File
- Open the folder:
- Windows: “C:/ProgramData/PLUGIN” (eg. C:/ProgramData/Artisan) as shown in the images below.
- Mac: “/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/PLUGIN” (eg. /Users/Dale/Library/Application Support/Artisan)
- You should see your license file with extension .LIC (eg. artisan.lic)
- Delete the license file.
PLUGIN = The Name of the your product / plugin
USERNAME = Your user account name for your system
The image below is an example of the license file for Artisan. For other products, the folder name and license file name will be different.
If you are having trouble navigating to the C:/ProgramData folder, try enabling Hidden Items in Windows Explorer:
Please sign in to leave a comment.