What is Artisan?
Artisan is a set of organic tools for SketchUp. It is a plugin written by Dale Martens (aka 'Whaat') who also wrote the SketchUp plugin 'Subdivide and Smooth' which was released in 2008 at www.smustard.com.
Artisan builds upon the previous features of 'Subdivide and Smooth' (sudivision surface modeling) while adding many more powerful modeling features including:
- Sculpting Tools (sculpt, smooth, inflate, flatten, pinch)
- Vertex Transformation (move, rotate, scale)
- Soft Selection
- Make Planar
- Polygon Reduction
The powerful organic modeling features of Artisan are highly suitable for modeling objects such as:
- Abstract Sculptures / artwork / vases
- Vehicles and machines
- Fabric, curtains, and pillows
- Rocks, tree trunks, and plants
- Plumbing fixtures (faucets, bath tubs, toilets, sinks)
Below are some images of models that were created using the Artisan plugin. Images are copyright to the model creator and are used with permission. Some images have been rendered using additional software.