With the new release of SketchUp 2022, we want to let you know how to migrate Artisan to the new version.
Prior to 2019, Artisan could be purchased directly from the Extension Warehouse. If you purchased Artisan from the Extension Warehouse, please skip to the bottom for special instructions.
If you did NOT purchase Artisan from the Extension Warehouse, follow these instructions:
- Download the latest version of Artisan from this page. Your current version may not be compatible with SU 2022. Make sure you already have a license for Artisan purchased from the Artisan website or from an authorized reseller.
- Open SketchUp 2022.
- Open the Extension Manager (Window -> Extension Manager)
- Click the big 'Install Extension' button at the bottom left of the screen.
- Select the plugin RBZ file that you just downloaded. (It will probably be in your 'Downloads' folder)
- Make sure ALL SketchUp windows are closed. Then restart SketchUp 2022.
- When you try to use Artisan, if you get message saying that you do not have a valid license, simply re-activate your license by going to Tools->Artisan->License...
- If you see errors when SketchUp loads, please restart your computer. This usually fixes the problem.
- Continue making awesome models!
Instructions for Extension Warehouse Customers Only:
These instructions are ONLY for users who purchased a license of Artisan from the Extension Warehouse.
Artisan can no longer be purchased from the Extension Warehouse. This means that you can NOT use the Extension Warehouse to get a license for Artisan in SketchUp 2022 or other versions of SketchUp for that matter.
In order to use Artisan, Extension Warehouse Customers need to request a new license.