PlaceMaker Credits are the new universal credit system in V3 and future versions of PlaceMaker. They replace the DigitalGlobe, Mapbox and Nearmap credits that were utilized in previous versions of PlaceMaker. The new credit system has some great advantages:
- Only one type of credits to purchase
- They can be used for any type of PlaceMaker import, not just imagery
- They allow you to use PlaceMaker without purchasing a subscription (Pay-As-You-Go) and also allow you to continue using PlaceMaker even after your subscription expires.
- They allow PlaceMaker to easily add more types of data-sources in the future.
- They don't expire
- Easier to manage and track
If you have a PlaceMaker Pay-As-You-Go license, credits are required for every import. However, PlaceMaker subscribers can enjoy free OSM imports and discounted imports from other sources.
PlaceMaker Credits must be purchased from the PlaceMaker Portal. You need to have a PlaceMaker license and be logged-in to purchase credits.
You can also get credits by converting your old Mapbox and Nearmap credits.
Note that you can click on the 'Buy Credits' button at the top-right of the PlaceMaker dialog to access the portal and top up your credits.