Artisan 2 was rebuilt from the ground-up to provide a huge array of new and improved high-performance real-time features. This is not by any means a complete list but here are the most notable improvements in version 2:
- Added Inset Faces Tool
- Added Loop Tool to edit and create loops
- Added Extrude Edges Tool
- Added Bridge Tool to generate quads between two selected loops
- Added Make Symmetrical Tool to easily create a symmetrical copy of the selected geometry
- Added SketchyFFD mode to enable deformation of a mesh using a control cage
Subdivision and Smoothing
- Added real-time subdivision modeling. Subdivided surface now updates in real-time when using Artisan tools.
- Support for Quadface quads. Quads are maintained after Artisan tool operations.
- Now using OpenSubdiv library for subdivision operations to provide faster performance, and support for weighted creases.
- Improved subdivision workflow in general.
- Improved crease tool for assigning weighted creases to edges and vertices
- Huge improvements to extrude tool to allow for extruding quads, surfaces, and multiple groups of faces simultaneously.
- Added 3 extrude modes including individual, group, and normal
- Added free extrude modifier to extrude in any direction
- Extrude tool now manipulates live geometry in real-time
- Knife Tool is now quad-aware and will attempt to maintain quads where possible
- Added ALT key modifier to control whether to cut through back-faces
- Added ability to perform a series of connected cuts
- Automatically add detail and optimize mesh when sculpting (dyntopo)
- Added Clay brush
- Added Grab brush
- Added Reducer brush
- New brush settings dialog
- Added ability to set brush size in screen space (pixels)
- Added ability to easily lock the boundary vertices using toggle switch
- Added Sculpt Shading mode
- Added toggle switch for displaying edges
- Improved UI for sculpting in general
- Square bracket keys can now be used control brush size instead of left and right arrows
- Improved sculpt symmetry workflow. Simply click the Symmetry button to create a mirrored component for symmetrical sculpting.
- Added support for quad selection
- Added support for edge loop selection via double-click
- Added right-click menu to select quad ring and other commands
- Added support for FFD control point selection
- Added ALT modifier to control whether hidden vertices are excluded from window selection
Artisan Move, Rotate, Scale
- Added 3 axes modes (Local, View, World) - use ALT to switch mode
- Added ability to lock axis inference using arrow keys
- Added ability to transform FFD control points
- Added automatic quad auto-folding and repair to maintain quads during transform operations
- New Scale Tool UI similar to native SketchUp scale
- Added ability to move vertices along normals using CTRL modifier
- New Tool-based UI to easily select the plane using inferencing
- Supports 3 axes modes (Local, View, World)
- Added Artisan Mode to automatically switch to the comparable Artisan version of a native SketchUp Tool
- Added toolbar button to control visibility of quad and polygon edges
- New icons and high DPI support
Please sign in to leave a comment.