The Paint Brush is used to apply materials to surfaces by dragging across the surface.
Launching the Tool
Click the Paint Brush icon from the Artisan toolbar or choose Tools->Artisan->Paint Brush from the menu
- Open the Materials Window and select a material that is in your model. The material cannot be from an external library. Ensure that it is currently in your model.
- Click and drag to paint faces beneath the 'brush'
The Brush Radius determines the area of faces that may be selected by the brush. There are several ways to adjust the radius:
- Keying-in a measurement such as '10m'.
- Tapping the left or right arrow keys (left to decrease, right to increase)
- Holding the left or right arrow key down while dragging the mouse up or down
- The first face that is clicked will set the planar projection orientation for the UVs
- Hold the ALT (Mac: COMMAND) key and click a face to sample the material and UVs from that face.
- Mac users must first paint a face using the Paint Bucket tool prior to using the Paint Brush tool in order to select the material for painting.
- Only faces can be painted, not edges, groups, or components
Please sign in to leave a comment.