Launching the Tool
Click the Reduce Polygons tool from the Artisan toolbar or choose Tools->Artisan->Reduce Polygons from the menu.
- Select the faces in the area that you wish to reduce.
- Launch the tool
- Choose the percent reduction. For example, if you choose 30%, the total number of polygons will be reduced by 30%
- The mesh must be triangulated prior to reduction. Any faces that are not triangles will be automatically triangulated when the operation is performed.
- The percentage of reduction refers to the number of triangles, not the number of faces. An individual face could be made up of many triangles.
- This tool does not maintain material assignments.
- The reduction operation may produce overlapping faces. One way to fix this issue is to apply the Sculpt Brush in 'smooth' mode in the area of overlapping faces.
- The reduction operation may take several minutes.
- It is suggested to reduce a mesh in several small increments (eg. 20%) instead of using one large value.
- For better performance, use this tool by first selecting specific areas of a mesh using the Select Brush instead of selecting the entire mesh.
- Free edges (border edges) will be maintained when using this tool.
Please sign in to leave a comment.