Examine and Check Cost Data
Click the 'Cost Inspector' button in the main toolbar to open the Cost Inspector window. When the Cost Inspector Tool is activated:
- The display style will automatically change to 'Color by Layer'. This display mode makes it easier to see the layer (and cost data) that the object is associated with. If the Layer is set to Layer0, the effective layer might be determined by the parent object. You can disable this display mode using the SketchUp Layers panel.
- Objects that do not have cost data associated with them will be highlighted in red.
- Objects with valid cost data will be highlighted in green.
- Select an Object in your model.
- The Cost Inspector Window will update to show all of the cost information for the object.
The Cost Inspector only displays cost information for the Object itself and does not include cost information for child Objects. Use the main Quantifier dialog to view total costs that also include child objects.
You can right-click and select 'Edit Group/Component' or 'Close Group/Component' to examine child objects.