The pipe tool is a fun and easy way to draw accurate 3D pipes! It will even automatically snap to the centerline of other pipes in your model.
- (Optional) Select a pre-existing path of edges for the pipe to follow.
- Enter the pipe diameter and bend radius in the measurements box separated by a comma.
- Start a new pipe by clicking on an existing pipe or any point in your model.
- Continue adding points to the pipe path. While adding points, you can enter the length and bend radius in the measurements box.
- SHIFT= Hold to lock inference
- ESC= Stop drawing a pipe and reset the tool
- You can modify the diameter and bend radius of an entire pipe immediately after creation.
- Use arrow keys to lock to the red, green, or blue axes.
- Change the number of segments of the pipe profile by entering a number followed by 's'.
The pipe tool operates similar to the SketchUp line tool. You can enter in the length of the current pipe segment using the measurements box.
If you only want to modify the current pipe diameter, just key-in a single measurement. If you only want to modify the pipe bend radius and keep the same diameter, key-in a comma followed by the desired bend radius.
If you preselect a path of edges and activate the pipe tool, a pipe will be generated along the pre-selected path. At this point, if you enter the diameter and / or bend radius in the measurements box, the pipe you just created will be modified based on the measurements you just entered. To cancel this behavior and reset the tool, press ESC.