Set the Height
The height of an assembly can be easily modified.
1. Enter the desired total height of the assembly.
2. Click the 'Apply Height' button to change the height of the assembly.
Note that any selected assemblies in the model will NOT be modified. In order to apply the new height to an assembly in your model, you need to select the assembly with the Select tool and then click the 'Apply Assembly Attributes' button.
When setting the height of an assembly, the entire assembly will be stretched and several changes may occur:
- Profile Member parts may have their own 'height' attribute modified to suit the new assembly height
- Component parts may be made unique and have their internal geometry modified to suit the new assembly height
- Profile Member, Component, and Span parts may have their Up / Down offset attribute modified to suit the new assembly height
Currently, Sub-Assembly spans will not be automatically stretched when setting the height of an assembly. However, if you click the 'Edit Sub-Assembly' button, you can then adjust the height of the sub-assembly as needed to suit the new height of the parent assembly.
Note: Components parts will not be scaled by this operation. Rather, the internal geometry will be stretched.