SketchUp extensions (plugins) are packaged as an RBZ file for easy installation.
If you are using SketchUp 2017 or newer, follow these instructions:
- In SketchUp, select Window > Extension Manager. The Extension Manager window appears.
- Click the Install Extension button.
- In the Open dialog box that appears, navigate to the
.rbzfile saved to your computer, select the file, and click OK (Microsoft Windows) or Open(Mac OS X).
- When SketchUp warns you about installing only extensions from trusted sources, click Yes to proceed and install your extension. (This assumes you do, in fact, trust the source of your extension.
If you are using SketchUp 2016 or older, follow these instructions
- Open SketchUp and go to the Window menu (SketchUp menu on Mac)
- Select ‘Preferences’
- Select ‘Extensions’
- Click ‘Install Extension…’
- Locate the RBZ file that you downloaded. It will usually be found in your ‘Downloads’ folder.
- Select the RBZ file.
- Click ‘Open’
- When prompted, choose ‘Yes’ to install the Extension.
- Restart SketchUp.
If the Extension did not seem to install correctly, try the following:
- Go to Window->Preferences->Extensions and make sure that the Extension is listed and enabled.
- Go to View->Toolbars and make sure that the Extension toolbar is listed in the menu and is enabled.