This tool is used on a selection of vertices to align them to a common plane.
Launching the Tool
Click the 'Make Planar' icon from the Artisan toolbar or choose Tools->Artisan->Make Planar from the menu.
- Create a vertex selection by using the Vertex Select tool or by using the SketchUp selection tool.
- Launch the tool
- Select the desired plane from the dialog box
- Click OK and the vertices of the selection will be aligned to the chosen plane.
- The 'Best' plane is the plane that best fits the selected vertices
- Soft selected vertices can also be used with this tool
Make Planar using Soft Selection
In the figure above, the Select Brush tool was used to select a sequence of faces forming an 'S'. Then, the Vertex Select tool was used to transform the selection into a soft selection of vertices. Finally, the Make Planar tool was used to flatten the vertices to the XY plane.