The Vertex Move tool is used to move a selection of vertices similarly to the native SketchUp Move tool.
Launching the Tool
Click the Vertex Move icon from the Artisan toolbar or choose Tools->Artisan->Vertex Move from the menu.
- Launch the tool
- If a SketchUp selection is currently active, it will be transformed into a vertex selection. For example, if a face was selected before launching the tool, all vertices of that face will become selected when the Vertex Move tool is launched.
- If there is no SketchUp selection currently active, the last vertex selection in memory will be loaded.
- Click the first reference point
- Click the second reference point to complete the move operation
- Press ESCAPE to clear the selection. If there is no selection, hovering the mouse over an entity will select it.
- Hold SHIFT to move perpendicular (along average normal)
- Hold the UP or DOWN arrows to constrain movement to the Z axis
- Hold the RIGHT arrow to constrain movement ot the X axis
- Hold the LEFT arrow to constrain movement to the Y axis
- Hold CTRL to move along the current camera view plane
- Press TAB to toggle between hard and soft selection modes
Please sign in to leave a comment.