The Vertex Rotate tool is used to rotate a selection of vertices similarly to the SketchUp rotate tool.
Launching the Tool
Click the Vertex Rotate icon from the Artisan toolbar or choose Tools->Artisan->Vertex Rotate from the menu
- Launch the tool
- If a SketchUp selection is currently active, it will be transformed into a vertex selection. For example, if a face was selected before launching the tool, all vertices of that face will become selected when the Vertex Rotate tool is launched.
- If there is no SketchUp selection currently active, the last vertex selection in memory will be loaded.
- Click the first reference point to set the rotation plane and origin.
- Click the second reference point to align the bottom of the protractor
- Click the third reference point to complete the rotation operation
- Press ESCAPE to clear the selection. If there is no selection, hovering the mouse over an entity will select it.
- Press TAB to toggle between hard and soft selection modes
- Hold SHIFT when choosing the first reference point to lock the plane of the protractor.
Please sign in to leave a comment.