The Vertex Scale tool is used to scale a selection of vertices. This tool can create the effect of inflating or deflating areas of a mesh.
Launching the Tool
Click the 'Vertex Scale' icon from the Artisan toolbar or choose Tools->Artisan->Vertex Scale from the menu
- Launch the tool
- If a SketchUp selection is currently active, it will be transformed into a vertex selection. For example, if a face was selected before launching the tool, all vertices of that face will become selected when the Vertex Select tool is launched.
- If there is no SketchUp selection currently active, the last vertex selection in memory will be loaded.
- Click the first reference point to set the scale origin.
- Click the second reference point.
- Click the third reference point to complete the scaling operation
- Press ESCAPE to clear the selection. If there is no selection, hovering the mouse over an entity will select it.
- Press TAB to toggle between hard and soft selection modes
- Hold CTRL to scale about the selection center