If you tried entering your email and license key in the Activation Window and then click the button to 'Activate License..' and notice that the window simply flashes and erases what you type, there might be a problem with your version of Internet Explorer.
On Windows systems, our SketchUp plugins use an embedded version of Internet Explorer (IE) to display the user interface dialogs. It doesn't matter if your default web browser is Chrome, Firefox, for something else. SketchUp will always use Internet Explorer to display the dialogs when running Microsoft Windows.
If you have an old version of IE installed, our plugins may not function correctly.
- Please update your Internet Explorer installation to ensure you have version 11.
- Some users may also need to enable IE 11 in Windows Features
- Lastly, you may need to ensure that our website is added as a 'trusted site' in Internet Explorer.
Ensure you reboot your computer after following the above steps. Then try activating your license again.
How to add Trusted Sites to Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the Gear icon and select 'Internet Options' from the menu.
- Click the 'Security' tab
- Click the 'Trusted Sites' icon
- Click the 'Sites' button
- Add 'https://*.mindsightstudios.com' as a trusted site to the list.
Please sign in to leave a comment.