Nearmap 3D Mesh is a new geo-data product from PlaceMaker. The product can be ordered from the PlaceMaker website or from right inside the PlaceMaker plugin.
The product is delivered to you as a ZIP file that contains other folders and files:
- Optimized SKP files
- These mesh files has been greatly decimated and the texture sizes have been optimized for the SketchUp viewport. For better texture appearance, make sure your SketchUp openGL settings have 'Use maximum texture size' enabled.
- Render Proxies
- This folder will contain at least one SKP file (the proxy) that must be imported using the instructions shown below. It also contains the full resolution mesh files in VRMESH and THEA
- Mesh folders
- These folders contain the full resolution FBX files with full texture resolution.
Here are the steps involved to import the files:
- When your order is complete, we will send you a download link via email.
- Download the ZIP file
- Extract the ZIP file to your computer.
- Using PlaceMaker 2.2. or newer, you can import the Optimized geolocated SKP files into another gelocated model. You can also open the files directly.
- If you want to render the full resolution mesh using proxies, you can import the SKP rendering proxies using PlaceMaker 2.2 or newer.
- You will also notice at least one folder named 'Mesh'. Within these 'Mesh' folders are the raw FBX files that you can import using a variety of other software including Lumion, 3ds Max, Maya, Blender and more.
Watch the video below for a demonstration on how to import the optimized SketchUp files.