A clean install involves manually uninstalling your plugin and re-installing using the Extension Manager. This is rarely required but can sometimes help if your plugin installation became corrupted.
Normally, you should use the built-in SketchUp Extension Manager to uninstall your plugin. To perform a manual uninstall and clean install, follow the steps below:
- Make sure SketchUp is fully closed. Close all SketchUp windows.
- On Windows go to folder: C:/Users/YOURUSERNAME/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp/Plugins (replace 2021 with your SketchUp version)
- On Mac go to folder: /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp/Plugins (replace 2021 with your SketchUp version)
- Find the .rb file and the matching folder for the plugin you want to uninstall. For example, if you want to uninstall BoolTools find DM_BoolTools and DM_BoolTools.rb. All of our plugins have a similar naming convention and start with 'DM'.
- Delete both the .rb file and matching folder. You must delete both the file and the folder.
- Now the plugin is completely uninstalled.
- If you want to reinstall the plugin, download the RBZ for the latest version, open SketchUp and install using the Extension Manager (Window -> Extension Manager)