This tool lets you mark edges and vertices with a weighted crease value to control the smoothness that will be applied when using Subdivide and Smooth feature OR the Smooth feature.
Red color highlighting indicates a fully creased (weight of 1.0) edge or vertex. The highlighting color changes in accordance with the currently applied crease weight. For example, green indicates a partial crease at a weight of 0.5.
- (Optional) Preselect vertices, edges, or faces to crease.
- Activate the Crease Tool. If there are preselected entities, the current crease weight will be immediately applied to those entities.
- Click edges, faces, or vertices to crease. If you click a face, all edges for that face will be creased.
- Key-in the current crease weight in the measurements box. The weight must be between 0.0 and 1.0.
- SHIFT = Hold and Click to Uncrease
- CTRL = Hold and Click + Drag up or down to adjust the crease weight of the selected entities
- Press ESC to clear the current selection. Then, you can click individual edges or vertices for creasing.