This tools is used to create a symmetrical copy of the selected entities.
A copy of the selected entities will be created and mirrored about the selected plane.
- Preselect the entities that you want to make symmetrical.
- Activate the tool.
- Align the mirror plane. The plane will automatically align to the face that the mouse is hovering over. To lock the plane to the red, green, or blue axis, use the arrow keys.
- Select the 'Mirror Plane' position by clicking a point in the model.
- If the mirror plane intersects the selected geometry, you will need to pick which side of the intersection you wish to keep. Move the mouse to either side of the mirror plane to choose the side and click to confirm.
- SHIFT = Hold to lock the mirror plane orientation.
- Arrows = Lock the plane to the red, green, or blue axis.
- This tool can create mirrored copies of faces, edges, groups, and components. However, if groups and components intersect the mirror plane, a full copy will be created whereas if loose faces are edges intersect the mirror plane, you will need to pick which side of the mirror plane to keep.