Artisan Rotate is similar to the native SketchUp Rotate tool but it has the following key differences:
- Supports selection and rotation of vertices
- Supports selection and rotation of quads
- Supports soft rotation of vertices
- Maintains quads by auto-folding if tool causes quads to become non-planar
- Cycle 3 axes using the ALT key
- Supports real-time subdivision modeling
- Supports rotating of SketchyFFD control points
- (Optional) Preselect entities to rotate.
- Activate the tool
- Click to set the protractor position and axis of rotation.
- Click another point to select the rotation reference line.
- Move the mouse to rotate the geometry.
- Click to complete the rotation.
- TAB = Toggle soft selection
- ALT = Cycle between LOCAL, WORLD, and VIEW axes modes
- SHIFT = Hold to Lock the protractor orientation
- Arrow Keys = Lock protractor orientation to Red, Green, or Blue Axes