Soft Selection allows you to select vertices within a specified falloff distance or radius. The vertices further from the center of the radius will have less weight applied to them when transformed using move, rotate, scale, and make planar.
The weight of a soft-selected vertex is indicated by color. Red indicates 100% weight, green is approximately 50% weight, and blue has a weight value near zero.
The higher the weight, the more the vertex will be affected by the transformation operations.
Soft Selection Controls
Artisan tools that support soft selection can use the following controls:
- TAB = Toggle soft selection on or off
- [ = Decrease soft selection radius.
- ] = Increase soft selection radius
- Key-in Radius of soft selection in the measurements box
- Hold a square bracket key and move the mouse up or down to quickly adjust the radius
Please sign in to leave a comment.